Monday, January 11, 2010

Internship #2

1. What have you actively done to start off on the right note?
-I've been there, offering my help, doing whatever it is my mentor needs, keeping track of the kids and their work, etc. I've taken my role pretty seriously and started to feel what it all is about. I've behaved professionally, taking great responsibility for everything I do in that classroom.

2. What have you actively done to create interesting opportunities for yourself?
-I stay engaged. I walk around the room, finding kids who need help on their assignment and show them how to do their work. I get books from them when the shelves are too high, I help them read complex words in books, I staple papers my mentor asks me to put together, I do things that seem simple but mean a lot to me and my performance in my internship. Doing this simple tasks keeps me really interested on my work and I feel excited about it.

3. What have you actively done to advance the interests of your mentor and/or site?
-I've worked my best with her, established a good relationship between us, and been very cooperative and respectful.

4. What can you do in the immediate future to improve yourself and your experience in the above areas?
-I'll be working on more things. My mentor will assign me more tasks in which I can do more than just walking around and assisting. I'll be able to help kids with their reading in groups, conduct spelling tests, and work with students individually on other problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment