Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Internship #12

For Part 1, I am not sure how I will be posting all the pictures I need. I need some cable to pass the pictures down to the computer.

-In te course of my work, I directly work with my mentor the first grade teacher, and the class, which is usually made up by seventeen great children. They're all affected by my work because I help them out with everything. I basically save time in there. I make a group of kds to read in the mornings while my mentor is working with another group and that way we're done with that activity faster, and I help keeping the class in order, too. I help the kids with the work they fall behind with, get some of them to go to me and ask for help so my mentor isn't so crowded with them. I also do little jobs for my mentor, like stapling some packets of work for the kids, notes to their backpacks, organizing works, etc.

-My collaboration with others is great. I get along with my mentor really well, with the kids, it's perfect. And Ithink they all like me, too. It affects my work because it makes it easier for me to deal with it all most of the time. Since my relationship with my mentor is good, she has no problem asking me to take care of some of the things she'd normally have to almost split herself in several parts to complete, I feel like she totally trusts me, and I also feel the kids really appreciate me and see me as more than a teacher. I think they see me like a friend, someone they really love.

-Well, I think that others are affected by my work because...Well, they get to see me every day, so even that is something for them to talk about. I bet they talk about 'the new high school intern on Ms. Smart's class' some time in their meetings. My mentor also talks about me sometimes with other teachers, telling her how helpful it is to have an intern in the class. During a meeting, she actually recommended the internship program and said she'd send an email to other teachers with all the information they needed. I guess I worked as an advertisement, time-saver assistant in that school.

No comments:

Post a Comment